Utility Network Migration Engine
Accelerate migration of even the most complex GIS data structures
While the UN Mapping Tool can be used to migrate data, it is not designed to transfer large amounts of data at high speed. The Similix Utility Network Migration Engine, however, is optimised to transfers data to the new platform with streamlined efficiency, flexible options for scaling the data processing capacity and maximum security.
The UN Migration Engine incorporates:
- Mapping functionality, to ensure the correct configuration of the source data
- A comprehensive migration tool, to process large amounts of data
- A reporting feature that provides access to a full history of migration procedures.
Once users have settled on a data configuration using the UN Mapping Tool, it is put through the UN Migration Engine, which has been designed to transfer GIS data at optimum speeds. The UN Migration Engine can be installed and configured to run multiple processes for each server it is installed on. It can also be deployed on multiple servers if such large-scale processing was required. With these options available, any user can tailor the data migration environment for optimum speeds.
Following migration, how do you know you have migrated everything you need to? To reassure users, the UN Migration Engine provides a detailed report after the migration process has completed.
Key performance indicators (KPIs) include:
- The number of features in the source data feature classes
- The number of features in the source data feature classes that were not covered by refinement and filtering specification in the mapping process used (data that was ignored in the migration mapping)
- The number of features that failed in the data migration processing (data that did not comply with data migration rules or target data model).
When optimising the UN Migration Engine deployment using multiple processes and/or multiple servers, server processing KPIs include:
- The total data processing time of the migration
- The average processing time per migrated feature
- The number of active UN Migration Engine processes.
The benefits of high-speed data migration for large utilities are clear. Huge amounts of sophisticated data that would otherwise be redundant can now be brought onto the new Esri Utility Network platform with minimum delay.